Monday

Autumn weddings and Halloween parties.

Dramatic vintage props, clever floral displays and a touch of candlelight..




As the nights draw in and you start to celebrate during my favourite season, you can start to add a bit of drama and candlelit romance to your styling. Be bold and go for painted pumpkins or gourds with a touch of halloween burlesque or why not try mixing vintage props with autumnal flowers for unique centrepieces. 

 Pinterest collage

Pinterest collage

The following set of photos showcase a uniquely styled October vintage wedding by Itsy Bitsy Vintage and I simply loved combining my love of vintage accessories with beautiful floral displays. Add to that some ambient candlelight and the room transformed as the sun set over Morecambe Bay. Venue: Midland Hotel, florist: Flowers By Design, photography: Jonathan Bean Photography.












Since working this wedding I have acquired a lovely collection of black birdcages, which I am currently styling in a spooky gothic fashion for my own halloween celebrations. I always try and use props in unusual ways such as caging a pair of vintage shoes or a framed vintage photograph topped off with a jaunty top hat. Think outside the box, be whimsical, have fun, be the drama queen you always wanted to be!

Happy Halloween!









(image courtesy of Pinterest)

No comments: